Well here in Ontario we're at -23C - how's everyone holding up? I thought I'd post a few summer vacation photos to remind us it's not always this cold...
This summer Bryce and I road tripped for a week to Boston, Cape Cod, and NYC. I loved Boston and thought I'd share some recommended spots!
1. Stay outside the city. We stayed in Revere, Massachusets at a decent chain hotel. It was an easy drive into the metro station at Revere Beach, and from there it was a quick ride into the city. Also, the first day we drove to the station, we took a quick walk down the beach and found an international sand sculpture contest!
2. Eat seafood. We had lobster + shrimp mac n cheese and clam chowder in a bread bowl in Quincy Market (amazing!) We probably had some form of seafood everywhere we went.
3. Take in street entertainment. Boston is known for having some of the best street performers in the US. Buskers, dancers, jugglers - they are everywhere! We also happened to be there at the same time as a big music festival, so there was amazing free music all over the city - jazz, indie, big band - we loved it.
4. Don't go at the hottest time of the year...
5. Walk the Freedom Trail. I loved this detail of Boston - the red brick path that leads you through all the historic sites - Paul Revere, Bunker Hill, USS Constitution Museum/Shipyards - Boston is a great city for exploring on foot.
Stay tuned for part 2 on Wednesday! Stay warm everyone!