Sunday, September 12, 2010

Guest Blog: Jenni Wagler!

Jenni and I were working together at the restaurant this summer, and she mentioned she had a cool DIY project - picture blocks - and I told her to send me a pic and I would make her a guest blogger... so here it is! Love this cute idea, especially good for a personalized gift. Here's what Jenni says:

"I love making these photo blocks for gifts. This is the second "batch" I've made. It is a pretty inexpensive gift, but fun to make, a good conversation piece, and they stay in good condition for a long time. These blocks are 3" x 3" (made with my friend's dad's scrap wood) and covered with misc. leftover scrapbooking paper. The photos are wallet size (printed at Zehr's with the corners rounded by ME!). I use Mod-Podge (from Michael's) and sponges to glue the scrapbooking paper and photos on to the blocks. After letting the glue on the back of the photos dry over night, I totally coated all sides of the block with Mod-Podge. This makes the blocks waterproof and keeps the photos safe from scratches. Virtually indestructible (maybe). :) Simple, fun, and cute!"



Thanks for taking me up on the offer to guest blog Jenni!! All the best in Ohio!






1 comment:

  1. This entire blog is wonderful. I just read all of your posts. Keep it up! (I especially liked the picture frame ideas and really want to incorporate those into my house)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...