Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DIY Painting

A looong time ago I posted this picture of a huge frame that I filled with canvas and was planning to paint:

And it sat unpainted for longer than I care to admit.  But I finally did it!  It may look like I'm a skilled artist, but I promise it was so simple.  I literally borrowed some paints from my artist friend Tory (thank you!!) and decided on colours that I thought would work.  I started with the darkest purple colour, painted a stripe, then added more white paint and did the next stripe.  Then I switched to the teals - mixed the first colour, painted a stripe and added white paint for the next stripe.  I didn't have a full palette of colours, I just added white to make one shade lighter and lighter.  I left space for the yellow because I wanted to add just 1 other bright colour.  I love how it turned out!  We keep changing things around next to the piano, not quite sure how to fill the space on the sides without cluttering things up....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...