Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes.

Here's my dessert for "Guess Who's Bringing Dessert?"!  Chocolate cupcakes with raspberry filling and topped with raspberry cream cheese icing - DELICIOUS. I honestly loved them because they were super light, not too heavy/sweet.  Just right enough that I could have eaten multiple (or is that a bad thing?)  I love the rich, butter based icings as well - but after one bite of those my head gets swirly.  Not with these super moist cupcakes and extra light (but still sturdy!) icing.  I just used the Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix, and dug out a little hole in each one.  I spoon-filled them with raspberry filling (ED Smith).  Then, I used this recipe for the icing.  I added 2 tablespoons of raspberry filling for some extra flavour (and to use up more filling - and I still have more left over!  Gotta get creative...)

I don't have an official set of icing tips - but I managed to find one of my mom's old ones and I stuck it in the corner of a freezer bag - worked like a charm!  I probably should have used raspberries as a garnish, but I had fresh strawberries so I couldn't resist using them. I'd love to know if you give them a try!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...