Friday, February 5, 2010

I will...not be afraid of colour.

The next bunch of blogs will express some "resolutions" I've made. You know when you think something is fantastic (rather than blah) and you can't quite put your finger on what makes it that way? This is me putting my finger on it.

The first one is colour. Something about a unique colour palette makes things fantastic - it brings things to life. Maybe it's painting a wall a vibrant colour (photo 3), but not always. Accent colours are still in, and can still work well (see photo 5), but often it's about more than just one colour. I like things colourFUL. Not crazy and haphazard colourful - just enough to create visual interest. Good colours draw me in. Kinda like in these rooms...
















(Images: Ish and Chi, Little Green Notebook, Decor8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...